Thursday, November 5, 2009

CY & THE BRICK HOUSE

This is my nephew Cy. Last weekend when we went to Idaho Falls, Cy's mom told me about this house down the street that had been burned down, but for which the brick walls still remained. She thought it would be the perfect spot to take Cy's seventh year pics. When I saw the house, I freaked out with delight--I couldn't have imagined a cooler location.

Cy loves music and has expressed that he wants to make music "like his Uncle Brent" (my husband). I had to continually calm Cy's fears of the house falling in on him and crushing him to death, and kept telling him: "When you make your first album you are going to have all these awesome pictures of you as a kid to use for the cover!" Because as you can see here...Cy has his "tortured artist" pose totally down.

This is what Cy does when you ask for his "model pose."

Because I was super obsessed with the house, I took a ton of detail shots of it after our shoot. I kept telling Cy he should totally pay attention and look around, because he may never see something like this again. He started looking closely at how the house was built, and I think he was less scared of dying by being smashed after that. One week after we took these pictures the house officially came down. I am so glad I was able to take pictures here, and hope I don't make too many people sad because they can't have their pictures here too.

6 comments:

Christy said...

That is a cool spot! Too bad it's gone now. Cy has the cutest poses and facial expressions. I love it!

angelicindy said...

What a cool location! It had such great texture to it. I think my favorite was the last one before the model pose (which is adorable!). It was the one with the silhouette of the house in the background. Seriously cool :)

Shari said...

I have been checking daily to see these pictures! They are so serious, so Cy! I love how you bring out personalities in the pictures you take.

Anonymous said...

Unlike Shari I have been dying because I've been so busy this week so I couldn't check every day and was tortured thinking I might have missed them...yea! I made it just in time. LOVE THEM! LOVE CY! Rob and I especially like the sepia toned one. Is there a cooler 7 year old out there?!

Brandy said...

This boy is obviously 14 or 15 yrs. old, with those 'moves'! I'm grateful I have them on video, even. Cy looks wonderful and the house is awesome! Mason would have never been so cooperative. I love these. Nothing like capturing Idaho and the beautiful architecture, before it was demolished!

Brandy said...

P.S. The sepia one of Cy is my favorite!